Here are just a few tips on daily hair care to keep your Dluxe Hair Extensions looking healthy, manageable and re-usable; because without proper maintenance it wont last.
Before you install your bundles I strongly suggest that you shampoo them 2x, condition 1x for the best results. When you Rinse out the conditioner; rinse until there are no suds left. Rinsing the conditioner out is one of the most important steps. If you do not rinse it well, any residue or traces of product left in the hair will result in STIFF and DULL hair...then... Let your bundles (hangdry) or Lay flat to air dry. Now you ready to install.
1. use sulfate FREE shampoo and conditioner (Products that contain sulfate are very damaging and extremely drying to the hair.)
2. use moisturizing and hydrating products
3. use a shampoo with oil In it such as "argan oil" "Moroccan oil" "keratin oil"
4. Treat this hair like your own hair. Use good quality shampoo and conditioning products.
The "Deepwave" texture
For better Results: Co-wash the Dluxe hair Extensions (Deepwave) texture with cool water. Co-washing is a method to wash hair without using shampoo and washing with conditioner. When co-washing your hair you should use a cleasing conditioner to wash the hair. Rinse the hair with cool water. Lay it flat to air dry and then install. This method will keep the curl pattern nice and tight. Hot or warm water will loosen the curl pattern
The "Tight curly" texture
It's Mandatory that you apply a curl defining/curl control cream while the hair is wet. This way it will stop the hair from frizzing, getting really big & poofy and lock in the wave or curl in the hair. It will give the hair a nice, soft and tamed wet look while its dry. Most people think that the curly hair is low maintenance but it actually require the most up keep and it need to be wet EVERY SINGLE DAY so you can apply the curl define crème.
You must NEVER sleep on wet hair. Sleeping on wet hair is known to matte hair and makes it very difficult to keep the hair the way you want. Just make sure your hair is completely dry before you go to sleep and you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.
If you are not familiar with coloring hair please take extensions to a professional colorist!! Dluxe Hair Extensions is a Great investment, you don't want to ruin the hair by over processing It with bleaches and dye. Always let a licensed professional color your bundles even if it as simple as applying a black semi-permanent rinse. Don't do it yourself.
- Use oil sheen and/or heavy oils (they weigh the hair down)
- Blow dry (always allow your hair to air dry)
- Use sulfate shampoos (see recommended shampoos)
- Sew through the welfts (it can cause the hair to shed (professional installations highly recommended)
- Try at-home coloring techniques (seek a professional)
- Don't scrub hair as you would your hair, wash flat while using a wig brush or wide tooth comb